An Pobre nga Abuyog-non

Thursday, November 20, 2008



From Abuyog: My Abuyog-non Brother and My Batangena Friend

Yup, that's my brother and my friend. They got married, alright... you guessed it! These couple has long been a part of my life, my brother for the most part actually, but my friend Icel, i met her in F. Cayco St. in 2000... Looking back it has seemed like forever.

Anyway let me give you a brief on how this Abuyog-non and Batangena met, a couple i find beautiful.

I’ll start with my brother first. Ramil (taga Abuyog) is 2 years younger than me (now you’re probably guessing my age, just type my name on the internet search engine and you’ll find my birthdate :->) . We went to the same school during our kinder and elementary days.

As kin, we grew up playing and arguing and telling our parents the mischief of each other, but of course if he keeps mine, I keep my mouth shut from telling his faults as well, that way it was a “win-win” solution for both of us. We played the same games and kept the same circle of friends until high school.


We got into different Chinese schools back then. Naturally I’d go to college earlier than him. After the university closed in our place, I transferred to Cebu to continue my college education, while Ramil was to leave for Manila for his college plans. By that time, we’d see each other during holidays and summer seasons when school was out.


My time to go Manila came when I planned to take review classes. I stayed in F Cayco and got to visit Ramil during Sundays and we’d tell each other the stories we’ve missed including me telling him about my roommates….
Icel (taga Batangas) was my classmate in my review classes and roommate (i was on top of the double deck while she got the lower one). We got along well with her other two friends and spent most of what time could allow us studying, chatting, eating and just sharing memories. Ycel and me would usually talk about our brothers and sisters.

This way, I got to tell her about my brother and the rest of my family; whatever information I have given, I have already forgotten. But I’m sure I had shared a lot to Ycel.
When review classes were over, we faced the defining moment of our lives, sad to say our shining stars did not shine that time. Time to part ways was inevitable and so we each made our way into the job hunting and into the unemployed…

I got to work in a resort hotel company located in Cavite, while Icel got to work in Laguna (hope my memory is right). Though communication was not on a daily basis, we still were able to chat about what's keeping us busy...


Then all of a sudden she told me that she stopped working and is looking for another job. The thing I knew, she got a job in Cavite! Way too near from my work location too.
I was able to invite my Ramil and Ycel to attend our company Christmas party. That was the first time they were able to really meet (as far as I know), introduced their names, shake hands, said Hi…
And stayed awake until the following day just chatting and laughing. (Guess what they’ve been talking about? ME! At least that’s what they told me.) Anyway, that was how it all started.


They seemed to know a lot about each other even though they have just met. What a connection!!!!


And so, life went on, things happen, I left the Philippines and Ycel left for Italy and Ramil stayed. Communication became scarce but not lost, we get to leave offline messages on the net. The next thing I knew their wedding day set.

Though I was not present during the most important day of your lives, i am happy for both of you, but honestly, inggit ako, because I've missed the wedding! I should have been there, but you guys planned it after my vacation ended.

Anyway, no hard feelings, i have the photographs to cherish ( i got it from friendster by the way, thanks to modern technology). But you, Ycel and Ramil have a whole new life to plan, live and cherish. Here's a suggestion, keep a big photo album, scrap books, CDrw, tapes of all your memories together. And when we three meet again, you can show me all the memories you've kept (just hope you'll share them)!


I was not able to meet your (Ycel) kin and your Mom, but just a guess, she's the one wearing a green dress. Funny how we talk about our families from time to time but never really got to meet them in person, to think "Inay" na rin tawag ko sa Inay mo.

This is a picture of the parents of both sides.
My Pa is wearing a yellow shirt, Kyle in red and my lovely Mom at the back. I guess it's safe to say, the Abuyog-nons met the Batangenos.

This is a great picture. Both of you with big smiles on your faces. Congratulations!!! Life may not be that easy but knowing you two, i think you'll be able to surpass just about anything in your way.

To Ramil, take care of my friend and always consider her happiness and what's best for both of you and your family.

To Ycel, thanks for loving and taking care of my brother. You have captured and melted his heart.




And now, my friend is a part of our family. You are most welcome Ycel and perhaps one day you guys would grace us your presence by visiting our humble abode in our beloved hometown of Abuyog, Leyte.



photos: were all downloaded from ycel's friendster account

Labels: , , ,

posted by Selin at 9:36 PM

2 Comments:

thank you cathy for the great article.

Sunday, November 23, 2008  

gydrit's my way of letting you know you are welcome to our family.

Sunday, November 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory